With the advent of so many social media sites available on the internet perhaps you may not have noticed that most of us live in a “virtual reality.” Facebook is probably the most heavily used social media. We get in touch with long-lost friends. We meet new ones. One of the more particular aspects of this is that we talk to/with people in a way that most likely would not occur in a non-virtual manner. That is to say we can “chat” with no consequences.
Equipped with the knowledge of the personality types of the Wakefield Doctrine you will be able to determine “who” you are communicating with. That is to say you can determine one’s personality type through “non-verbal” communication. And by doing so be aware of whether you are chatting and sharing things with a clark or a scott or a roger.
Keeping in mind that we all have some aspects of each of the three personality types (clarks, scotts and rogers) what’s interesting about this is that it allows the other 2 types to come to the table in a way that would not normally be seen.
Clarks: they characteristically live in their heads (yeah, I know. Weird shit)
You are chatting with a clark if
- you feel like you’re chatting with yourself
- they seem to anticipate what you are about to say
- the other person isn’t making sense to you, yet there is something… familiar about the strange
- the person you are chatting with seems a bit tentative but starts to become more at ease. Once they seem to relax they relax faster than you were expecting
Scotts: characteristically the seemingly social ones, the “life of the party” but not specifically sole purpose of being social – go read this for an explanation.
You are chatting with a scott if
- you feel the energy coming out of your screen is alive and bouncing all over, but long pauses (when they are trying to do the same thing with 3 other people)
- the other person is very witty and gregarious, faster to assume familiarity
- you feel like you’re the sole focus of the other person, but it seems like they totally drop the thread when they go to other conversations
- this person is “pushing the envelope” so to speak. *Sexual innuendo is always just below the surface and with the slightest encouragement it totally springs out.
Rogers: characteristically associate with others like themselves. Herd mentality. You are chatting with a roger if
- you are having a pleasant conversation.
- they remember your interests from previous encounters
- you feel like you are being tolerated, yet there is a sense of joining a group of people who have similar interests
Now that you know who’s at the end of the other keyboard you can a) run away, b) stay and play or c) relax comfortably where you are.
Hell you can even play mind games if you want to knowing which personality type the other person is. If so, you are most likely evoking your mischievous scottian aspect…
Damn if we scotts don’t love to have a good time. Consequences? No such thing for us. It’s great being a scott!! No work. All play.
Shit. I gotta go. I’m feeling way too clark-like.
*scottian video? Hell yes.